Sunday, April 5, 2015

Virtual Teams

     Throughout this semester I have been working with a virtual team to create a project. We have been using google hangout and documents as our main platform for collaboration and communication. We began our project by developing and implementing a survey to see the current reality of technology and professional learning in each school.
     The responses we collected lead us to create a Weebly website for teachers to read current research, tech tools, shared lesson plans, and ask for help. The greatest response came from a middle school we surveyed, so that school was our focus.
     Working together to create something was a new experience and a large learning curve. While we were able to utilize multiple tools it became difficult find times between our schedules to meet online. I suppose arranging personal face-to-face meetings would have been equally as challenging, but because this was new, I found myself easily frustrated with slow responses, lag time between edits, and difficulties in meeting.
     After lots of hard work I am proud of the work my team and I have created. I will remember the tools I learned and used for this project for future endeavors.
    Check out our website: The Teacher's Training Room 

No comments:

Post a Comment