Sunday, March 29, 2015

New Age PowerPoint Presentation

     This week I made a PowerPoint presentation, which is something that I have not done in years. I remember in high school making presentations using as many animations, pictures, and colors I could cram into each slide. After reading up on how to make a professional presentation I limited my color scheme, avoided animations, and only used pictures when needed. Each word and graphic was used with purpose. I then downloaded Jing to capture an audio recording of my PowerPoint. After several failed attempts I made it through in less than 5 minutes and without jumbling up my words. I then shared my presentation on Screencast and it can be accessed below. 
     Screencast is a neat tool where you can share your screen with others. On mobile phones and devices you can simply screen shot your screen and share it as a picture. This essentially is what Screencast does for computers.
       My biggest hang up for this assignment was one error forced me to start all over again, It was a learning curve. After a few tries, deep breaths, and laughs at myself I got it. I think this tool could be used during staff meetings, to share stories with friends, or even as a way for students to complete projects.
 
     Check out my presentation 

No comments:

Post a Comment