Sunday, March 15, 2015

First Computer Experience

      
     Flipping Leadership Doesn’t Mean Reinventing the Wheel by Peter DeWittis all about the how and why we need to shift our thinking and refocus how we communicate at school. DeWitt use his personal experiences in how he flipped his school and became a connected leader. This book is a short, easy read, with lots of useful tips.

     I enjoyed the “reflection” box within each chapter, sometimes occurring multiple times. It engaged me as a reader to think of my own experiences while reading about someone else’s. My favorite reflection was in chapter one, “What are your earliest memories of utilizing technology? What was your first computer?”  (p. 7).  My earliest memories are from first grade in my elementary school in the library playing “Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist” and “Oregon Trail” on floppy disks. It was so exciting to play on a computer. 

                                       

     What about you? Can you recall how old you were and what you were doing on your first computer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment